Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I want more sleep!!

I am in serious dearth of sleep. I want to sleep few more hours/ minutes/ seconds. I know this is little bit exaggeration. But I am on the receiving side in terms of lack of sleep. This term I have classes in post noon session only, but today we had Managerial accounting and decision making (MADM) class in the morning at 8:15am. This sudden shift was hard for many of us to manage. I could manage to just land up in the class but 30% of the class was missing. Its hard to suddenly change your body clock and wake up early when other days your are sleeping from 4am to 9am. I was physically present in the class but took many small naps during the class. So after finishing the class I quickly had my breakfast, came back to my quad, went through the Entrepreneurship case in < 20 minutes before sleep took over me. I had the next class at 1:45pm, so I still had 2.5 hours to go. I set my alarm for 1pm but I woke up only at 2:10pm, shocked to find that I overslept and was late for the class. I was in shock for 1 minutes as this doesn’t happen with me generally. I decided to make a sprint to the class as an important case was to be discussed today and I don't want to miss that.

The case TBD was "Mittal Steels" one . The discussion went well. Several good things like "Why and how was LNM so successful", “Why TISCO couldn't go the Mittal way", " "Difference between Infosys and TATA" etc. Got good insight!! Decent day !.

No comments: