Saturday, March 17, 2007

Picking up on my hobbies

I am slowly picking up photography after hiatus of a year. I have hardly spent anytime since I joined ISB.

Feeling bad about that :( . The other day I was discussing with my friend about the same. As is human nature, I was trying to justify my not being able to do photography by saying that life at ISB was very busy. I used to hardly get any time to do this. There was always one thing or the other to do. But the same is going to be true all through the life. I, like everyone else, would always be busy. I will have lots of things to do. So what should I do? Can I really do anything or this is destined to doom? Would some discipline help in this case?

I don't have answers. I don't know how people go about it. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have some time now. I want to spend some time doing it. I currently have 35mm SLR camera (Minolta Dynax 5). The "per film role" transaction cost is high for film cameras, particularly when you are traveling. So I am thinking of buying a digital SLR.

Did some research last week. The two cameras that reached the last round were Canon EOS 400D or Rebel XTi and Nikon D80. There is a huge cost difference between the two. Nikon being around 50% more expensive. I am thinking of going with Nikon. Got some good review about it on dp reviews. There is a comparison of the two as well.

I am trying to find out if I can get it from US for me. It's lot cheaper there.
Let's see when it happens.

No comments: